Wednesday 27 May 2015

A Lighter Shade Of Pale

Hi everyone,


Here's a card using an idea that I've been wanting to try for a while. I keep seeing ombre effects pop up on my Pinterest board in everything from crafting and fashion to home decor, and with the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints coming in family's of four ... they are perfect to achieve this shaded look. Painting inside stamped lines can be a bit tricky (especially if you're using opaque paints) ... so out came my trusty gold embossing powder too.


Instructions
1.  I cut two pieces of white Smoothy card - one was 6"x8" and folded in half to make my card blank, the other was 3.5"x5.5".

2.  I stamped the scallop border from my PaperArtsy stamp set EEG07 five times onto the card mat using a Versamark ink pad, and then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.

3.  I stamped "Best Wishes" from the PaperArtsy stamp set ECL01 along the top scallop using a Jet Black Archival ink pad.   This stamp comes with the words on two lines - but I like to cut these up so I can use them either way.



4. Using Mermaid, Bora Bora, Beach Hut, South Pacific and Inky Pool PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints, I painted in each of the scalloped borders with a fine paintbrush. (Inky Pool is in a different colour family to the others - but it works really well as it has a turquoise tone).

5.  Once the paint was dry, I added little white dots to each scallop with an Extra Fine White Sharpie pen, and then went round the edge of the mat with Brass Treasure Gold on my finger.

6. Once mounted on the card with thin 3D foam pads, I felt that it needed something more.   So I cut a small square of white card and heat embossed gold embossing powder all over it (that way it co-ordinates beautifully with the other embossed bits).   Once cool, I punched out a small flower from the card and outlined it with a black pen.   Once I'd stuck it on, it just needed some turquoise coloured Liquid Pearls in the centre.



Enjoy! 


1 comment: